How to Configure Your Mobile Cleaning Trailer Rig
It’s important to ask the right questions when you take it to the road
When you’re getting ready to take on a big job, wouldn’t it be great to have all your equipment ready to go, all in one place? It’s possible with trailer-mounted pressure washer systems. Building a mobile cleaning arsenal yourself can get tricky. Using expert advice and construction is better in the long run. There are multiple options for your mobile cleaning rig to save you time.
If you ever need to take it to the road, here are some important questions to ask and tips to remember, so you get the absolute best out of your mobile cleaning rig.
A quality water storage tank is important. Hotsy recommends a 200-gallon tank at a minimum with a float valve and wide access port for trailer rig mounting. Before you mount your equipment, consider size, axle strength, and water sources.
Ask yourself - Will water be available at your job site? If not, what type of water tank will you need on your rig? Here are some answers to keep in mind:
• Use a single axle trailer for 200-300 gallons of water capacity.
• Use a tandem axle trailer for 300-500 gallons of water capacity.
• It’s best to balance the water tank over the axles.
• Water weighs 8.3 lbs. per gallon - this is important when calculating hauling capacity.
• Machines should be mounted towards front of trailer to give tongue weight when the tank is empty.
• Belt drive machine is best to pull from a static water source.
The best mobile cleaning units utilize a hot washer pressure washer mount. However, one or more of the pressure washing units of your choice should be considered based on the type of job and the type of trailer you’re using. Certain pressure washers are better for mounting than others.
Ask yourself – what type of pressure washer do I need? How will it be mounted?
• Placement is just as important as your choice of pressure washer.
• When mounting your machine(s), pay attention to fuel fill locations and engine exhaust direction.
Optional accessories are always available for your mobile cleaning unit, including hose reels, lights, utility racks, and tool boxes. Be sure to mount these extras around your rig for easy access.
Configuring your custom portable power washer starts here. We’re happy to provide a trailer for you in the package or build on your own equipment. We have installed systems in enclosed trailers, flatbeds, box trucks, vans, jeeps, pickup truck beds and a full assortment of utility vehicles. Standard equipment packages from Hotsy are also available.
Need it? We’ve got it.
Hotsy of Southern California can help you configure your mobile cleaning trailer with the highest quality components at the right prices, so can get the most out of your equipment on the go. So, don’t leave it to chance – leave it to the experts. Trust us. We know clean.